07 December 2011

Fireplace Redo Reveal!

OMG, I am so excited about this reveal. It was totally on a whim that I decided to make it over. I have always looked at my fireplace and said "what the heck am I going to do with you?" and finally I woke up the other morning and decided that was the day I was going to do something. That's how I roll. Like my impromptu trip to Boston for my birthday this year.

Anyway, I have been contemplating on painting my fireplace since we moved in 3 years ago and especially since the banister makeover. So without further ado here it is:

Before:



And here is how it all began:






Sorry about the horrible pics, upstate New York in December is really dark :(

I am planning on painting this wall the same color as the dining room, just so it pops a bit! I will post a tutorial of everything done soon!
Let me know what ya think, I love reading your comments!

So, I received a comment regarding my blue bow that I wanted to address...  My mantel is HUGE, like the biggest widest thing I have ever seen. The entire gas fire box is inside the house, not set into anything, so the box covering it is the mantel. From the pictures it may seem "crowded" but in real life it really isn't.  But I decided to take it off and to tell you the truth I like it both ways... The blue bow just works well with the tree, which is teal and blue.

Here are the updated pics...






Linking Up:

Will Link to:
Hooked on Houses

8 comments:

Jan said...

I have been looking at lots of blogs to get ideas for how to decorate my own mantle - first time in all the years I've had the fireplace. I love what you did with yours - I think the scale of your accessories and the colors are perfect and beautiful. One little thing, I think the blue bow in the middle is a little bit of overkill. Otherwise, just gorgeous!

Sherry said...

I like what you did with your mantel...most people are using red's, white's, silver but I was drawn to your use of blue. I think it works well with the white & silver.

Madame Meg said...

It looks great! I love both your fireplace re-do (I totally just picked up a sample of those same tiles from Home Depot to test at my house!) and your mantel decor. You just can't go wrong with elegant sparkle, if you ask me! Great choices!
: ) Meg

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Oooo, your mercury glass trees are to die for!! So festive ~ definitely puts you in the holiday spirit!
Visitng from SSS. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the way it looks! Very glamorous! I am your newest folower. come join me at bloggngbypictures.blogspot.com :)

a' la mode said...

you did a fabulous job. It is truly gorgeous. Thank you for linking up =) xoxo shelli

Mia Maree said...

The silver poinsettias are gorgeous!

carolh said...

I saw your fall mantle on the "Better homes and gardens" site and it was one of the only ones I liked. Great job, you have a good eye.

Carol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...